Sometimes, you just need to stop.

Hello.
So- this week.
Weird.

We took my dad to Victoria BC for the weekend, we had a great time.  We had Afternoon Tea at the Empress- very posh.  We wandered about, shopped- bought a ridiculous amount of tea and cookies...a great time had by all.

On Tuesday, we sent him back to Iowa.  It always feels weird for him to go.  And then this week was crazy- because LIFE.
So we did many fittings, had many meetings, many interviews, did a bunch of laundry, trying to get ready for some parties we are throwing in the next couple of weeks- and I just felt like I was spinning out of control.  Yeah, I know, I'm not actually IN control- but you know, sometimes you forget....
I feel behind at work, I feel behind at home, a bunch of Christmas presents I ordered got stolen from INSIDE our building,  I haven't been to church in a month, I feel behind in life and I am too exhausted to think straight, but the to-do list keeps multiplying and multiplying and I am all like I AM ONLY ONE PERSON AND I CANNOT DO ALL THIS STUFF!  But the stuff still needs doing.... and I am spinning, and spinning and thinking WHY ME? WHY?WHY?WHY?  and HEEEELLLLLLLP!!!




And then this:

She pled the cause of the afflicted and the needy
then it was well.
Is not that what it means to know Me?
Declares the Lord.


Jeremiah 22:16

And suddenly, there was perspective.
But I was still spinning, spinning- my mind just THINKING THOUGHTS,  and FEELINGS,  and IMAGINARY CONVERSATIONS- spinning, spinning, spinning about all the injustice in my world.  MY world.  HA.
So many first world problems are my world.  How am I going to GET ALL THIS STUFF DONE?

And then I felt it- that tickle in my throat.  And Marty was like, "You look hot."  (Not sexy hot, hot hot)  And I ran a fever all day.
And the coughing started.  And I was all I CANNOT GET SICK.  AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!  THE STUFF WON'T GET DONE,  THE WORLD WILL COLLAPSE!!!  AHHHH!
WE HAVE 12 PAGES OF COSTUME NOTES TO DO IN 2 WEEKS AND I CAN'T FIND ANYONE WHO IS AVAILABLE TO HELP!!!!!!!  THE WORLD IS GOING TO CRAP!!!  IT WILL ONLY WORK IF I WORK 24/7 AND I CANNOT PHYSICALLY DO THAT!!! AAAHHHHH!!!

Seriously.
What a derp.
I made the executive decision to stay home and rest for a day before I completely lost my crap.  And I did. I slept in- I puttered around the house, I read, I puttered some more. I rested.  Did a couple of chores.  Got some potentially scary news about my father-in-law's health (we're waiting for more tests) rested some more, actively didn't think about work, ate some cookies, hung out with the hubs...

And you know what?  The world didn't end.  WHAAAA???
True story.  What the heck?  I know in my heart- the world will keep spinning and I am pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but when I am tired, and overworked and stressed. I just lose my crap.  And I forget to trust God.  To, you know, be God.
I forget that it is okay to STOP.
DERP.
DERPY DERPNESS.

So today- the work is all still here- the amount of time to do it in has not changed, but I'm like- MEH.
Okay, God- let's do it Your way- might be better than me spinning and fretting- just a thought.
And I take a breath.  And I think- God, help me to get done what needs to get done.  Help me to not take on burdens that aren't mine to take, help me to do the rest with integrity and for Your glory.
Help me to not operate in heroics, but be my Hero.
Help me to not lose my crap.
Help me to keep my eyes on the wars that matter- hunger, injustice, unlove, lawlessness.  Help me to plead the cause of the afflicted and needy- because THAT is what matters.
I may have found a new life verse.
Until next week....


Comments

Popular Posts