Radio Silence

It's been awhile, I know.
In all honesty, I am not sure what to say lately.
It's not that I don't have anything to say, it's just that there are 
SO....MANY...WORDS out in the ether- that maybe...it's just time to be quiet.
I can't hear in all the noise.

I know, last year y'all were probably like WE CAN'T SHUT THIS GIRL UP.
And now....

Like many of you, I am overwhelmed a bit with what is happening in the world.
I am trying to find my way- trying to figure out how to fight oppression and injustice in a loving way that is effective.  If you are wondering, I haven't figured it out yet- but I am working on it.

I am doing a lot of praying.
I am parked in Ephesians 4.
I am reading Running With the Horses by Eugene Peterson and works by my fluffy bunny, Mr. Tozer.

I am spending time with my family and friends.
I am busy at work- this is the "slow" time- so lots to do.
There is a lot of life happening.

I am trying to embrace the moments of joy as they happen:
-our 7 month old godson belly laughing as I flip my hair at him 
-Everley, licking the frosting off Marty's birthday candles and announcing "Tastes like chicken!"
-Lincoln calling Pepe Le Pew a "stinky fox"
-seeing all of the ridiculously talented artists at the Emerald City Comic-con
-looking forward to reading the book that I did some consulting on, which comes out this month (Lady in Disguise by Sandra Byrd, if you are interested)
-my tiny and determined daffodils blooming in spite of a long, wet and very cold (for Seattle) winter
-planning my "garden"
-enjoying the anniversary trip to Victoria BC with my husband.

A good cup of tea in my fancy new teacup.





When I feel like I have something to say.  I will say it.
But for now, I seek silence...hopefully, the words will come when and as they should.
Selah.

Comments

Popular Posts